Last of the "Real" Trucks: 1997 GMC Sierra 1500





























I hate to say it, but in regards to the title, that statement is true to the "T". The majority of today's pickup trucks are overpriced trucks with too much luxury and pickup beds that 90% of the time are too short. True pickups to me offer enough amenities to get the job done but are still bare-bones enough to be rough and rugged and thusly be able to get the job done without incident. GM's GMT400 trucks are prime examples of the above statement, and this 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 short bed is one of the nicest examples I've seen in a long time. Find it here on eBay in Ventura, California, with a little over two and a half hours left to bid.




























After being fully redesigned in 1988, GMC's C/K trucks were mildly face-lifted, giving its trucks a more modern look. This GMC 1500 half-ton is a short-bed model, and is one of the nicest I've seen in a long time. Resplendent in red with black trim, the paint shines like a mirror, and I love the chrome aluminum wheels. I typically prefer the eight-foot bed models, but this short bed admittedly looks awesome. I would take this truck to local shows and drive it daily during the warmer months of the year.




























Though small-block 305 and 350 V8s were optional engines, this GMC 1500 is powered by the 4.3L V6. Rated at 200 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque, the 4.3L is no slouch, and typically are reliable (my dad did blow up one while test-driving a 1997 K1500 extended-cab, however). Backed by the NV 4500 five-speed manual, mileage is decent at 75,219, not bad for a twenty-year old truck. I would rock the 4.3L for a while before swapping for a hot SBC or 454 BBC.




























Man, do I wish trucks had spartan yet beautiful interiors like this today! Inside, this Sierra 1500 is resplendent with a gray cloth and vinyl interior. The bench seat is a full bench, not a split bench, and reminds me of my dad's 1993 GMC 2500. Air conditioning is a nice plus, as is the manual windows, five-speed floor shift, and aftermarket head unit. Overall, this is one of the nicest GMC 1500s I've ever seen, and though the price may seem high, considering its condition the price is worth it. What are your thoughts on this mint GMT400 short-bed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost in the Machine: 1996 Callaway Supernatural 450 C9 Impala SS

Mint Baja: 1991 Chevrolet S10 4X4

T-Topped G-Body: 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix